Resolutions Usage Statistics 2014

JH
John Honovich
Apr 29, 2014
IPVM
Mark McRae
May 02, 2014
Inaxsys Security Systems

Interesting data. Could you also ask your readership what percentage of their IP camera purchases are SD, 1MP, 2MP, 5MP, more than 5MP ?

DP
Deegan Pope
May 02, 2014

I find it hard to believe no one is using a 5MP+ camera out of 138 respondants. No Arecont 180s or 360s? I would believe the number to still be pretty low even with those included, but not Zero. The other question is were the respondants thinking of recent purchases or all the cameras that they have in the field. I bet we'd see a lot more SD, especially if you consider all the PTZs and LPR that are under 720P

JH
John Honovich
May 02, 2014
IPVM

Deegan,

The post above says, "The 0% showing in the survey means that none of these integrators used 5MP+ as their most common choice. However, certainly some 5MP+ cameras are being used."

DP
Deegan Pope
May 02, 2014

For sure. I had said" I find it hard to believe no one is using a 5MP+ camera out of 138 respondants." I meant i was surprised that none of the 138 respondants had any 5mp+. There is of course people with 40mp areconts and other 5mp+ cameras out there. I had missed that the question to the integrators was what did they currently use most commonly. I thought you had poled to see what all they used and then compiled it to see what was most common.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions