Subscriber Discussion

Tuesday December 17 Daily Update

CP
Carlton Purvis
Dec 18, 2013
Progress on the JDS/Milestone update here: http://ipvm.com/updates/2135Craigslist ads are up looking for people who were involved in cases using surveillance footage. I put up and ad in DC, Baltimore, Los Angeles, New York City, and New Orleans. I've been flooded with people from the DC area from a 6-month loss prevention investigation to shoplifting. I have to same I'm a little shocked at how many people are saying video played a role in their case ... and also how many of them are looking through craigslist for posts titled "Have You Ever Been Arrested." I'm going to talk to a few of these guys instead of hitting shops tomorrow.

The latest to contact me is THE Jeremy Starnes out of Chicago. If anyone remembers this case.

Contacted the integrator with the audio on in the police station. Still got no response. One of their numbers just rings forever. The other I left a voicemail.

Requested the docs for the school putting cameras in every classroom. They have ten schools and about 1,000 cameras. So about 100 cameras per school.

This academy is using indiegogo to get 27 "high definition mega pixel" cameras and 30 days of storage for $30k. The project just launched today. I sent them an email to get information on the technical specifications.

JH
John Honovich
Dec 18, 2013
IPVM

The criminal one looks promising. I think 5 people/examples would be good to get a flavor of experiences/issues.

title - "Criminal Confess to IPVM About How Surveillance Caught Them"

The indiegogo one is increasingly weird (and post worthy). Here's their integrator - a one man shop who most likely sells low end products. $30,000 for such a 32 camera system seems overkill to me (though how big / complex the install is would be key).

Ethan Ace
Dec 18, 2013

Today was:

• Dealing with Milestone server. Should be good to go tomorrow. I'm doing a couple things on it right now then we're done.
  • HYRes testing. Going to make a thread about that in a minute. On the high MP cameras, the line it draws across the chart is accurate compared to what we said by eye, but the number it picks is wrong. So on 10MP, it drew a line at 1600, for example, but came up saying it was 2036 TVL.
  • Looked at Imatest briefly. I'll look at the trial version again to double check it'll do what we want.
  • Going over autofocus with Derek. I'll review that and finalize in the AM.
  • CSI wants us to move to the other end of the upper section of the office. It's tucked away more and will have more space. We'll do that between Christmas and NYE I think.
JH
John Honovich
Dec 18, 2013
IPVM

Sounds good.

For HYRes, include your video so people can see it. It's fine being rough, it's just a discussion.

For Autofocus, let's release it mid day tomorrow.

Ben is wrapping up formatting of the IP Camera Training Book, which will be the lead for Wed/Thursday.

Brian Rhodes
Dec 18, 2013
IPVMU Certified

Graded tests today.

Tomorrow: finish grading, do slide deck for review class.

Need to write 'exit survey' for students.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions