Subscriber Discussion

Hikvision Admits Minority Recognition, Now Claims Canceled

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 23, 2020

Was that camera or firmware ever made available outside of China? Does Hikvision provide separate firmware images for governmental customers? I guess what I'm getting at is, is there any way to download the firmware images from their website in order to validate their claims?

(1)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Jul 23, 2020

Just came across this the other day.

(4)
UD
Undisclosed Distributor #3
Jul 24, 2020

RE " China's ambassadress denies abuse ..... " does not mean much.

China said they would not militarize the South China Sea islands - they created. - Guess what - they now have weapons on ....

(3)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #4
Nov 02, 2020

He did just say, I don't know where you got this "Videotape!" fantastic answer, I presume he uses a pager, and fax machine for his communications.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #5
Nov 03, 2020

The recognition function produced by Hikvision was not focused on any single ethnic group but rather ALL ethnic groups so you could identify and track any minority you desired, the company removed the function for public use through a firmware update and it is no longer available in current products except for government human rights abuse projects which will continue to remain secret.

FIFY.

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions