JH
John Honovich
Apr 25, 2019
IPVM

Post your daily update.

Seth Bartynski
Apr 25, 2019
IPVM

Wrapped up calendar work, tweaked a few display pieces, summarized work in GH, awaiting feedback.

Began looking into tinyMCE 5 upgrade: updated version locally, looked through changelogs, determined that pretty much all of our custom plugins are broken by the upgrade.  Have not yet tested mobile usability since the editor wouldn't load at first with the broken plugins.  Began trying to fix a simple one (the anchor one), but a good amount needed to be changed due to API changes.  It may take a complete rewrite of each of the plugins, will need to dig more into this / may ask Hint how they wrote each originally.

Discussion with Sean on PPF calculations issue: goal is to separate calculations for generic model and for specific model -- for the latter, will not use imager size / focal length, as these are the least certain values / hardest to find.

Sent blank scene preview on calculator to review.

Figured out work for myself and Duc for tomorrow (possibly next week).

Bumped Hint about reviewing outstanding PRs.

Jessica Roccia
Apr 26, 2019

Had meeting with Scanlan about me participating in the access control class.  He showed me where to find the url for the class incase students had issues logging in

joined the access control class.  Could not access computer microphone due to “settings” tried changing computer settings and browser settings.  Also touched base with Scanlan and we could not figure it out.  I called in with my cell phone and communicated with Brian through that audio option.  On Monday Scanlan and I are going to run a mock meeting and try to fix the issue

Finished installation key lessons and sent the final copy to Scanlan and brian

sat in on installation class 

Brian Rhodes
Apr 26, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Did both classes

Updated both pages with recordings

Updated Access for week 2, posted quiz

Reviewed Install Key Lessons and with review final exam tomorrow, will talk w/ Jessica tomorrow

Emails to students about class questions and installation final extensions

Dan Gelinas
Apr 26, 2019
IPVM
  • Drafting on Amazon. Edits with JH. Posted.
  • Drafting/editing NJ Law. The Law is not in its final form and still has a public comment period to go through. I’ve been told the Final Draft will hopefully be ready May 1, at which point language should hopefully be final. Might Make sense to revisit after the 1st.
  • Drafting/editing on CTI. I feel it’s ready for review, though I don’t have anything in there quote-wise from Bosch, Axis, Avigilon. JH was going to talk with them.
  • Going through google alerts, Law360, LinkedIn & Twitter for possible GH additions
  • Maurice from VidSys accepted my LI request and said he’d be happy to talk, but wanted me to coordinate through his marketing person Jasmeet Kapoor. Maurice provided Jasmeet’s LI profile. I sent him a request with a note. He accepted and I messaged him to ask when we could talk.
  • Interview follow up with Gary Egan at FQML. He said that he had been offsite for a bit but was back and would check with management (who proofed his answers) and would get back to me soonest.
  • Interview follow up with LL Bean Security and LP. They had said they don’t comment in the press about their security. I countered with what about undisclosed/anonymous?
  • Filed for help from MuckRock with FOIA request to the US AF Academy re: their expanded Surveillance system comprising thousands of cameras and worth $5 million. USAF has so far been unresponsive.
  • Emailed follow up to Damon. Hood re: end-user interview.
  • 2019 Fav rankings ready for review, but missing all graphics from Lightning
  • ASIS Loss/turnaround is ready for review, but missing graphic from Lightning
John Scanlan
Apr 26, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

response to comments on
port locks / blackhole vlans
240mp camera

quick chat with Jessica
zoom session with Jessica to go over being 2nd on access
helped with a couple of technical issues

bumped lightning on subnet images
edited subnet report

researched camera mount shootout information

quick status call with JH re: student employees

bumped Duc / told him to get paperwork in asap

looked up handshake information / posted jobs to moravian and lehigh handshake job board

helped rob with questions about connecting equipment at his house / routing & switching, vpn, etc /

followed up JH on a few emails

call with Brian re: classes

did class with Brian

sent Duc payroll detials to JH

added network objects and associated routes to rob's sonicwall / enabled access from office to his house as per request for camera setup/testing

posted response re: installing cable tray

Ryan Ace
Apr 26, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Support emails: membership/upgrade inquiries, refunds, receipts, cancelations, calculator support, invoicing, login issues, course inquiries.

Support calls: membership inquiries, course questions, payment, calculator support, new account set-ups.

Received a preliminary quote from the hotel and posted in Github.

Ethan Ace
Apr 26, 2019

deepinview testing, issues, sent home with rob, reviewed events, stubbed report, etc. pinged germain, notes in github.

followed up with René van Glis at Bosch/Sony to schedule call (next wednesday, tentative)

vivotek multi imager checking. not selling online, but on ADI. will check price tomorrow.

some gpu comparisons after avigilon responded. if they support nvidia other than the quadro, we have a lot of options ranging in price pretty widely. i'll document that tomorrow, as well, when i check a couple prices. probably worth getting in touch with nvidia, as well.

followed up on some lighting questions, waiting to hear back again re: best place to buy, refundable, etc., and some coverage questions

Rob Kilpatrick
Apr 26, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Discussed what we needed to do for the Deepinview test, gathered cameras/switch/tripod and set them up at my house, ran cables, had to troubleshoot VPN issues and get a local version of Avigilon running at my house. Got the cameras working/recording and did some walking around/animals in FoV testing with Ethan.

Sean Patton
Apr 26, 2019

Aegis report stubbed and sectioned, intro and overview written

Discussion responses, configured Verkada cloud backup for testing

Call with Ola @ Axis about Axis Device Manager

Calculator GH followup with Seth and staging testing. Email response to Manfried re: "blank"/plain white scene choice.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions