John Honovich
Apr 18, 2019
IPVM

Post your daily update.

JH
John Honovich
Apr 18, 2019
IPVM

I'd like to do a general call tomorrow at 11am. No surprise or news just probably would be helpful to catch up, give color about what happened at the show to those not there, etc.

If anybody is busy then just let us know in the daily update. We can always do Monday or whenever.

John Scanlan
Apr 18, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

11 works for me

Seth Bartynski
Apr 19, 2019
IPVM

Ditto

Sean Patton
Apr 19, 2019

I'm available

John Scanlan
Apr 18, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

received and reviewed lease addendum
sent to JH
contacted landlord re: deposit for additional space
Lisa from D&P will be in touch with me

feedback to ben on videos / change requests
embedded video into report

completed paperwork for ISC West booth 2020
mailed Joseph from Reed re: the isc west booth and bag sponosorship
also emailed isc contacts the same as instructed by the form

worked on port and cable lock report (90% done)
shot video / posted to wistia / sent to ben

stubbed out subnetting report

bumped JH on econ hire

Seth Bartynski
Apr 19, 2019
IPVM

Worked on pasting images from Gmail into report editor.  Investigated proxy service some more, but was unable to determine if you could find the original source of the image through that.  Instead, added functionality to block pasting images straight from Gmail.  Sent to review and deployed.

Incorporated a simplified form of the new report form, essentially by separating the new and edit forms.  Tweaked logic to remove content being required to submit, set up auto submit once title and date are entered, tweaked behavior there.  Should be mostly wrapped up now.

Got backlog of work (some mine, some Duc's) reviewed.  A few small changes to be made and review with Duc tomorrow morning, then will deploy those.

Started working on adding off days, holidays, etc. to the calendar.

Goals for tomorrow: company call, pair with Duc on a few issues from this week, go over Duc's recent work and next steps, and continue work on calendar updates.

Jessica Roccia
Apr 19, 2019

11 works for me

checked all links in the access control syllabus and found new links for one that were broke 

edited some errors found on the syllabus

i made a list for Brian letting him know of articles posted 2014 or earlier so he can check that they are up to date and still have correct content 

started watching class 1 of install so I can work on key lessons pdf

sat in on installation course 

Dan Gelinas
Apr 19, 2019
IPVM

11 works for me tomorrow, as well.

• Verint ransomware drafted, edited with JH and posted
  • Reader comment response and further contact with Verint via Rhianna for reader question
  • Drafting on Favorability Ranking 2019. All main 2019 images in place.
  • Responding to comments with a reader on Verkada story
  • Favorability ranking 2019 graphics update to Lightning
  • Interviewed Scot MacTaggart with JH.
  • Began proofing notes from the Mactaggart recording
  • Checked in with Lightning on the graphic for ASIS
  • ASIS loss/turnaround is ready for review minus image from lightning
  • Arecont Fav 2019 ready for review
Ryan Ace
Apr 19, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Support emails: membership/upgrade inquiries, refunds, receipts, cancelations, calculator support, invoicing, login issues, course questions, payment applications.

Support calls: membership inquiries, course questions, payment, calculator support, receipt request.

Posted issue to Github to create a periodic reminder for users to re-enable email notifications, as we suspect that some users are accidentally unsubscribing themselves and not realizing it.

Communication with JH regarding AWS account.

Signed us up for unlimited links with Perma.cc.

Paid cleaning invoice.

Sean Patton
Apr 19, 2019

Camera management shootout, graphics/images requested from lightning. followed up with Hamish again (copied JH).

H.265 usage survey post set to review, requested images/graphics from lightning

Calculator support, GH issue feedback

Discussion responses x3

Ethan Ace
Apr 19, 2019

Additional Speco testing and sample gathering. Tore down camera. Made gifs. Gathering stuff to send to lightning. Will wrap up tomorrow. 

SIA NPS research in response to their email re: judging. Posted to GitHub. 

Some discussion responses and member responses. 

Order tracking and follow ups on returns. 

Brian Rhodes
Apr 19, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Wrote RS2/Acre post: https://ipvm.com/reports/open-options-acquired

JH will need to edit/project acquisition price

I did class 10 install

Scheduled access webinars

11 is good for call

Tyler Renelle
Apr 19, 2019

Recommender via Spark connector to ES should be fairly straight forward using https://github.com/IBM/elasticsearch-spark-recommender. Tomorrow I'll see if I can get some sort of demo put together, but I'll want to check out what we currently have re: Lucene & Swyftype. This system also uses 5-star ratings, so if we go this route we'll want to add that in. Will connect with you John in AM

Rob Kilpatrick
Apr 19, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Discussed what low light cameras we should shoot the Speco vs with Ethan, Mounted, updated, aimed and shot full light/low light, some additional low light motion testing for Speco camera at different shutter speeds. Shot the free image for the report and cropped the images from shooting.

Went through more deepinmind alarms, still classifying some people as cars.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions