Subscriber Discussion

Looking For Information On "Millennium Access"

U
Undisclosed #1
Apr 17, 2019

I have seen very little of Millennium Access control both in the markets i play in and on the floors. What background can you give me on the company,  any issues they have had, the viability of the company, who owns it, its market share, etc?

Brian Rhodes
Apr 25, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Millennium Access is a brand simply is not common among our readers.

I asked a locksmith dealer for feedback, and he told me it is not aggressively marketed by the company or their dealers.  He told me it was more expensive compared to similar offerings, and his company has essentially moved to Paxton Access Control as his lead offering, citing more competitive pricing and similar architecture.

With that said, the interesting aspect of Millennium is the 'differentiation' they sell in their primary 'Plexus' system by being wireless.  It is a hybrid/mixed system and can support wired ethernet too, but the company pushes wireless as being a cost saver over wired, similar to the distribution brand .pdk (ProDataKey).

Millennium's hardware is proprietary, and the cost of software/maintenance agreements varies based on version installed.

The company touts Aimetis VMS integration as its most valuable integration. There's not much else in terms of integrations online.

U
Undisclosed #2
Apr 26, 2019

Well..this is off topic in regards to Millennium but.....

Let's talk about PACOM access control.

Oh Boy,  here we go (IPVM).

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions