Friday March 22, 2019

JH
John Honovich
Mar 23, 2019
IPVM

Post your daily update. I only released 1 post today - IBM / Genetec, partially because it was a newsworthy post, partially to give us time to build a backlog. I want to get out of the pattern of rushing things out in the morning.

Ryan Ace
Mar 23, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Support emails: membership/upgrade inquiries, refunds, receipts, cancelations, invoicing, login issues, , course enrollments, course questions, training inquiries.

Support calls: membership inquiries, course questions, refund, login issues.

Prepped and sent Hikvision project to contractor.

Dan Gelinas
Mar 23, 2019
IPVM
  • Defenders Lawsuits research
  • Stubbed and started ADT/Defenders lawsuits. 15% done
  • Inputting data on Defenders lawsuits into the spreadsheet.
  • Official request for comment Email to Rob Davis, VP of ADT Relationships at Defenders
  • Call to Kevin McCardle at NJ Senate Communications. VM LM. He called me back. Scheduled to interview him on Tuesday after a voting session on Monday (voting on 101 laws and he doesn’t have time to focus on this until after that.)
  • ASIS Loss/Turnaround is ready to review
  • For next week, I will:
  1. Draft Carl Lindgren interview
  2. Work on NJ law post
  3. Generate and email questions to Chris Henseleit of MainLine Distribution in Australia for an interview,
  4. Draft CTI profile (interview on Wednesday)
  5. Draft Coalition for a Prosperous American post after CTI interview
  6. Work on Verkada Sales
  7. CCTV Aware interview on Thursday
  8. Follow up with Gary Egan of FQML who asked for his interview be done over email since telecom was sketchy where he was in Northwest Africa
  9. Follow up with Winston Monzon from the Star Sydney who said he wanted to do an interview, but needed to check with his boss. Haven’t heard back from him yet.
  10. Also have original outreaches on Verint profile, Proxy Access Startup Profile, Twosense.ai profile that I will follow up on.
Sean Patton
Mar 23, 2019

Favorite Storage manufacturer should be ready to review, but I didn't give it a sanity doublecheck yet. Requested free image from Lightning.

Call with Cambium, theyre much bigger than i thought, claiming 700 employees globally, owned by $2B venture capital fund. Postitioning themselves similar to Ligowave (30-50% more expensive than UBNT, but with 60 person support group with 24/7 phone support and regional field support engineers). Profile should be relatively straightforward to put together.

Followup emails with Exacq, Blue Iris.

Seth Bartynski
Mar 23, 2019
IPVM

Worked on getting Duc completely setup.  Setup his testing environment, ensured this was working completely, fixed a strange database issue he had by removing an extraneous column, and showed him some more useful debugging / inspecting tools for the Rails console.

Paired with Duc on adding a filter to the newsletters admin page for the list name.  This ended up being more complicated than I originally intended -- the list attribute for the newsletter model is variously a string and an integer corresponding to an id for a UserList.  After a bit of researching, we managed to add a custom filter to the active admin page, which now seems to be working properly!  Sent to Kyle for review.

Fixed an issue where surveys didn't display pictures that I inadvertently created when I was making the survey filters look nicer.  Duc reviewed, deployed to production.

Gave Duc a few small issues to pick amongst and work on over the next week on his own, gave him some pointers on each of these / places to look to get started, told him to contact me if he has any questions.  I'll check in with him likely mid-week but don't want to interfere with any studying.

Spoke with Scanlan/Duc about expectations for the summer and answered some questions from Duc about balance of work (bugfixes and small tweaks vs features, etc).

Starting investigating on removing multiple survey sections.  Did some investigation / reporting on which surveys have multiple sections, and which of these actually have questions in multiple sections.  Will take a look at only displaying the first section (and removing sections from the survey creation) next week.

Brian Rhodes
Mar 23, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Posted quiz image issue, Seth & Duc fixed, thanks

Posted Lenel favorability to github, will get done for early in the week

Replied to many emails re: extensions or questions on camera final

Brian Rhodes
Mar 23, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Finished up slides for install class 7, about 75% done with deck 8.

Gave feedback to Shannon Davis on his Schlage post, he will have something to share by Monday.

Unboxed Commend ID-5 to check for damage before DHL return window closed, it is good and will boot it this weekend.

Brian Rhodes
Mar 23, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Also posted install homework #2 - ladders

Ethan Ace
Mar 23, 2019

Interlogix write up, about done. Need to double check that everything went to lightning. 

Deep Sentinel discussion and feedback to rob

Started reviewing outdoor camera install post but will wait til videos and images are in

Added country of origin to covert camera shootout 

Planning with Scanlan

Jessica Roccia
Mar 23, 2019
Started working on week 3 final exam questions
read articles for week 4 quiz questions
Deleted extra section in quiz 1
talked to scanlan about week 1 quiz and image questions not showing
swapped out question in quiz 1 with another question
called JH left message
John Scanlan
Mar 23, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

added updated images to install shootout
closed related github issue

took the week 1 install quizz

spoke with Duc regarding CPT/OPT
emailed JH / called

spoke with Jessica re: getting access control reved up with Brian

spoke with vegas helper, Javier, he will invoice us for work done there.

order carpet for the ISC west booth through the freeman site

ordered electric service through the sands services

asked Jessica to swap out the image based quiz question in favor of one without an image

a few discussions with Duc and Seth re: surveys/images

quick call with JH

pinged Jessica to call JH

Rob Kilpatrick
Mar 23, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Reshot some full light and dark scenes for the Interlogix report, Cropped them, Shot physical overview, did some edits to report, Looked into the password reset vs Hik pass reset.

Got country of origin for covert cameras.

Monitoring of Deep Sentinel, grabbed some more clips of alerts on shadows(people) and cats(people).

Unboxed and addressed Axis P3227.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions