Thursday March 21 2019

Brian Rhodes
Mar 22, 2019
IPVMU Certified

post daily update here

Ryan Ace
Mar 22, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Support emails: membership/upgrade inquiries, refunds, receipts, cancelations, invoicing, login issues, , course enrollments, course questions, training inquiries.

Support calls: membership inquiries, course questions, refund, login issues.

Paid cleaning invoice.

Contractor support.

Brian Rhodes
Mar 22, 2019
IPVMU Certified

Did 2nd Install Class - went good this time, only 1 user with issues but I think he used Firefox and got around it.

Zoom Polls don't work with our integration, Scanlan will open Github issue - but we asked people to manually answer in chat and that seemed to work as a stopgap.

Posted recordings, posted week 2 reading, published weekly quiz.

Working on slides now, will continue post later after I eat.

Dan Gelinas
Mar 22, 2019
IPVM
  • Skype with JH to do Large Health System edits. Made edits & posted
  • Emailed PDF and link to Chris Sallee
  • Emailing with Brad LaBrenz of Calgary
  • Inputed answers to follow up questions in Calgary interview
  • Called Kevin McCardle of NJ Legislators Communications re: law VM LM
  • Called Jennifer Wood re: lawsuit vs. ADT & Defenders. Posted updates to GH
  • Sent message to Limerick Ricky (ADT/Defenders lawsuit comment on our FB) to ask if we could talk
  • Emailed Mel Mahler, chairman of ADS Security (whom I’ve known for a while) about their settled fraud/copyright infringement case vs. The Defenders
  • Defenders lawsuits research. Originally searched under “Protect Your Home” Which is their DBA since Defenders returned a LOT of hits on Pacer since Defenders was the name of a bunch of different businesses. Today searched under Defenders Security and found 15 more entries in addition to the 13 I found under Protect Your Home
Jessica Roccia
Mar 22, 2019
Posted final exam questions from week 1 to github
Reached out to Scanlan and Brian for links to two articles within the syllabus
Worked on week 3 quiz
Had a meeting with Scanlan and Brian to discuss possible changes to week 3 syllabus
Finished week 3 quiz (just waiting to see if it needs adjustments after finalized which articles are in syllabus)
Started working on week 3 final exam questions/week 2 final exam questions
Joined Install Class
John Scanlan
Mar 22, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

updated github re: vegas helper

sent a bunch of unedited images to lighting for the install reports which will be used in the new course / requested a couple of more professional free images

call with rhodes and jessica to go over syllabus changes

worked on outdoor installation report
sent images to lighting
bumped ben on videos

chatted with Duc / he received his paperwork

install class

Sean Patton
Mar 22, 2019

Stubbed Milestone Test, started to add structure, reviewing old test for critical points and what has updated/changed. https://ipvm.com/reports/milestone-2019

Discussion responses, will email Remote/Cloud Solution discussion out in the morning (Didn't want to email it out at 10PM when I responded).

Glanced through responses to Fav Server Manufacturer, quick test search for keywords, Dell @ about 30% of responses, BCD ~10%, but have to look at specific responses for "Dell/BCD" - I noticed a few of these. Dell def on the higher end. Nearly 15% of the responses indicated the average system size is smaller than 10 cameras and were almost exclusively appliances obviously. I will get numbers/charts to lightning tomorrow, and start pulling in quotes.

I will be out for a couple hours around noon, I have to go to Frontrunner and figure out how they managed to screw up my taxes/healthcare withholding in the 2 months I worked there last year.

Sean Patton
Mar 22, 2019

Calculator staging troubleshooting, I'm seeing some formatting and operational issues, I posted them to GH. Also coordinated a zoom meeting for Monday afternoon with a user who has questions.

Seth Bartynski
Mar 22, 2019
IPVM

Worked on reverting the imager size / focal length to pop up when clicking on the "advanced" gear in the main panel in the calculator.  Followed old code as a guide, lots of tweaks to bring in line with current formatting / changes since then.  Updated tests, deployed to staging, and got some feedback from Sean.  Started going through feedback and working out how to fix the issues we're seeing.

Added admin setting to set the obfuscator "interval", i.e., show every x words.  Wrapped this up, got feedback from JH, sent to Kyle for review, got it deployed and setup in production.

Looked into updating the site logos to the new ones, looked at where the logos are used and what filetypes are there, had some questions for Kyle about sizing and filetypes, will follow up Monday.

Looked more into auto-post daily updates.

Figured out some issues to work through with Duc tomorrow / some more setup and resources for him, as well as some issues he can tackle on his own.

Goals for tomorrow: continue addressing feedback Sean had for the gear, hopefully get some of the formatting issues nailed down and mostly wrapped up, work with Duc and pair with him on some issues, and continue on autopost if time.

Ethan Ace
Mar 22, 2019

shot interlogix, went over report with rob, discussion with JH, tested bandwidth, sent most images to lighting. to do:

• bw chart
  • web interface comparison image
  • writing

reviewed deep sentinel questions, discussion on testing

email to brad @ arecont re: multi imager for testing. gen 3 is recommended, new contera coming at ISC.

ordered some gear for pole mount install post

ordered WDR backlight box

Rob Kilpatrick
Mar 22, 2019
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Shot the Interlogix test (full light, dark, IR walk, IR coverage). Shot free image, Went over report structure with Ethan, cropped images being used and started writing report up.

Went over deep sentinels response with Ethan, sent question about battery life.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions