Subscriber Discussion

I'm Interested In A Wireless Video System Used In An Outdoor Setting On A Hospital Campus.

Pete Zamaria
Jan 31, 2019

Any advice on a wireless camera application used to cover parking lots on a hospital campus. Benefits, viability, cost, model. Recommendations regarding systems, our platform is currently avigilon this system would connect to the avigilon server. Wireless cameras have never been done before at our organization, what part does our IT team play in this possible program. Is it dependable, what things can interfere with the video.

U
Undisclosed #1
Jan 31, 2019

How do you intend to power the cameras?

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 31, 2019

Wireless Power! It's the future.

(Please take this as the joke it was meant to be)

(2)
Pete Zamaria
Jan 31, 2019

Solar power is the plan although I have power at the light poles I intend to use. I'm really looking for information on both topics since there might be a solar power option in the future.

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 01, 2019

Do you have constant power at the poles or are they switched somewhere else?

(1)
Pete Zamaria
Feb 01, 2019

Yes photocell controlled. 

MM
Michael Miller
Jan 31, 2019

We do many hospitals with Avigilon and lots of wireless Avigilon cameras for parking lots.   I would be more than happy to chat with you. 

Pete Zamaria
Jan 31, 2019

Hello Michael,

Yes that would be a could idea. How about you reach out to me at my work email, pete.zamaria@wellstar.org to arrange a time to have that conversation.

MM
Michael Miller
Jan 31, 2019

Email sent

Chris Anderson
Feb 01, 2019

My company specializes in building turnkey control housings for this application.  These provide power transformation and control for cameras and wireless equipment.  We can also support solar and switched power options as well as pre-programmed point to point wireless links.  Let me know know if you'd like more info.

Thanks

Chris Anderson

Obsidian Integration

(1)
Pete Zamaria
Feb 01, 2019

Yes I would like more information provided, maybe we can look at a control box estimate for both solar and light pole power for 2 *megapixel Avigilon Cameras... 

Chris Anderson
Feb 01, 2019

Will send information to you soon.

(1)
Pete Zamaria
Feb 01, 2019

Thanks 

Clint Hays
Feb 01, 2019

The hard part is power. You can do solar, which takes a lot of components, or get power from the pole, are they at 110/constant power, timer controlled, photocell controlled, but once you have power then you just set up PtP/PtMP wireless bridges.

Talk to the electrician on site and determine if you can get power from the poles before anything. Once you have power the rest is easy.

(1)
(1)
Pete Zamaria
Feb 01, 2019

Thank yu for the information, this can be quite involved. 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions