Subscriber Discussion

What RMR Billing Platform To Use?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jan 20, 2019

Now that that Vsaas is poised to become a bigger player in 2019, I'm curious what types of RMR billing platforms integrators use?  With multiple streams of RMR having to be managed potentially with complex timing - it seems that a clear ROI case could be made for adopting such solutions.  Making it easy for customers to pay and to automate things I am sure would be of great benefit to most.

Does your accounting software offer an adequate solution? 

Have you evaluated any standalone offerings that integrate on the back end?

(1)
MD
Matthew Del Salto
Jan 20, 2019
Hudson Security
Stripe!
JH
John Honovich
Jan 20, 2019
IPVM

We use Stripe and it has worked well, though generally it benefits from / needs your own custom development or using Stripe with some other service on top of it. 

I am curious what others are using. As the example Michael gives, it may be worth looking into packages that already offer it as complete service unless you have the time and development staff to customize.

(1)
MM
Michael Miller
Jan 20, 2019

We use Connectwise which allows us to automate customer billing for any RMR service we offer.  They have a new feature call Unite designed to manage all our RMR partners though they don't have a lot of physical security partners yet for this service. 

(1)
SD
Shannon Davis
Jan 21, 2019
IPVMU Certified

We use Quickbooks. Probably not the best solution but to switch out to another billing system can be a daunting and very expensive process. 

(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Jan 21, 2019

We use alarmbiller for all of our alarm accounts that are on auto pay. It literally is set it and forget it. It bills them, runs the credit card etc. You choose by customer which day their card is run, billed up front or in arrears, etc

Alarms are the only RMR we have now so not much need for anything else. We recently started using ConnectWise and have not gotten to agreements etc but from what I saw, I would not use it for anything that is on autopay. It has no credit card integration that I have seen.

(1)
FP
Faisal Pandit
Jan 21, 2019
Johnson Controls

*I work for Smartvue. Smartvue offers fully integrated Stripe with a portal for subscription management for integrators and resellers to manage their own -and their subs- subscriptions.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions