Subscriber Discussion

Analytics In Construction Sites - Who Can Detect Workers Without Hard Hats?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Nov 17, 2018

Hi,

I'm looking for an analytics system, preferably to work under Milestone, to detect workers in a construction site working without helmets (hard hat) or without safety Harnesses.

the system should work on PTZ cameras and on fixed cameras.

happy to hear your thoughts on that

Carter Maslan
Nov 17, 2018
Camio

Camio can do that - with the caveat that we'd have to collaborate with you on camera position and PPF (pixels per foot) to reach your target level of precision (no false positives) and recall (no false negatives).

As an example of what can go *wrong*, Camio labels this event as "personal protective equipment" when in fact he has only a baseball cap on and it's uncertain whether his yellow vest is in fact PPE:

https://camio.com/c/c1ko28j6z6yo/app

If you're using Milestone, then Camio Box Pro analyzes the RTSP streams using the Milestone OnVIF Bridge.

FD, I'm CEO of Camio.

(3)
UM
Undisclosed Manufacturer #2
Nov 18, 2018

Carter -

Correct me if I'm wrong - even though you take the streams directly from the Milestone server instead of the cameras - the end user still needs to go to the Camio website/app etc to search and access events, correct? They are not able to do q search via the Milestone interface of Camio?

Carter Maslan
Nov 18, 2018
Camio

The Camio REST/JSON API returns search results to display in any other app/site. (this example's output).  But I haven't researched the options to integrate with the Milestone interface. If #1 needs that, then we can investigate.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #3
Nov 19, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Are the analytics available for purchase stand-alone, or does one need the whole shebang?

Carter Maslan
Nov 19, 2018
Camio

Camio needs the cloud connection to deploy and update ML models even if you're not storing any video events in the cloud.

For example, the video streams can behave purely as data sensors, reporting timestamped events like "vehicle 3:49pm", "human approaching walkway 3:52pm", etc. That's how this dashboard displays real-time vehicle trends without recording video in the cloud until requested by a user. But even then, Camio still talks to the cloud just for pubsub messages.

Gianni Viero
Nov 19, 2018
Videotec

Hello 

ISS www.issivs.com/ offers analytics monitoring for hardhat compliance to ensure personnel follow safety standards.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions