Subscriber Discussion

October 30, 2018

Sean Patton
Oct 31, 2018

Hard Drive Failure post drafted, chart loaded tonight, need to finish up summary/comparison to 2016 stats section (stats are nearly identical to 2016)

VMS Shootout, criteria rundown in GH, scheduled with Greg for Friday, going to flesh out criteria/scoring plans tomorrow

Discussion responses

Calculator support

Coordinating with Vigilant for profile call. Scheduled with Arcules on Friday. Reached out to OnSSI with a time for Nov 6. Sent question ideas for Magos to Dan.

John Scanlan
Oct 31, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

checked into Brian's request for demo
setup / dry run of demo
class with Brian

emailed JH, then Duc re: IPVM/Duc interview
emailed Duc again with details

received VM from Yurconic agency during class / called back, left VM, followed with email

intro email to Dan from ideal networks / asked if he would be a point of contact for our upcoming test / he's happy t answer any questions we have

tried paying CSi bills - they are wrapped up with the sale / could not take payment.

called RCN re: install timeline / should have a call by COB today
recieved call back
survey is complete / surveyer is sending it to sales for install / will get another call tomorrow

emailed Norm re: key for mailbox
spoke with norm re: gas and electric meter numbers - which he is tracking down and will give me tomorow so that I can get the utilities setup.
there are 2 gas meters (one per bay) and 1 electric meter for the space
I need to call on water as well as sewer / will get details on both from Norm
meeting norm at 11am to go over all that

emailed a garbage hauling company for a quote
https://www.eastpennsanitation.com/commercial.html

called JM Test rental back for Ethan / just customer service checking in to make sure we are happy

call with JH - catch up / quick call with Ethan planning tomorrow

emailed Ryan re: insurance / will talk tomorrow

cable shootout
pulled 300 ft of network cable off pf each of the 10 boxes of cable
labeled the cable cuts
started tracking criteria / examining the boxes

Brian Rhodes
Oct 31, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Did class 7

Graded another 20+ final exams/ resubmits, I estimate grading is now 85% done 

Posted homework assignments and handled related class emails

Sent 2 minute linkedin video to JH for review

will finish up VIZPin solar post tomorrow morning for Wed/Thurs queue.

I also updated this post: https://ipvm.com/reports/occupancy-codes

I will pull some images to embed for our exit devices tutorial and codes guides, but I can get that done in 15 minutes if needed.

Rob Kilpatrick
Oct 31, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Went over Genetec feedback with Ethan in the morning, Added Genetec to our test laptop since it has better specs/GPU. Configured the Kiwi roles and analyzer roles to run on test laptop (uses ~10-15% of CPU per camera instead of 20-25% on NUC). Some brief walks outside to test performace.

Switched focus to helping Scanlan with CAble test - pulled 300ft off of each box, labeled, discussed pros/cons of each box pull and cable.

Discussion cleanup

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions