Subscriber Discussion

Friday September 21, 2018

Dan Gelinas
Sep 21, 2018
IPVM
  • Alexa Guard edits w/ JH
  • Robolliance background reading of IPVM stories
  • Read transcript of talk by Nathan Ruff from UASidekick for Robolliance background
  • Worked on Robolliance story
  • Called Mike Kobelin re: Robolliance pre his request
  • Per Alice’s suggestion, emailed Cliff Quiroga, VP New Business Development at Sharp Electronics Corporation USA. 
  • Cliff emailed me back
Ryan Ace
Sep 22, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Email support: account admin issues, refunds, cancelations, uprgrades, invoicing.

Incoming call regarding upgrading from personal to group plan.

Filed issue to Github to start planning our Feb 2019 annual meeting.

Upgraded Zoom from Pro to Business, and switched our payment method to Divvy.

Updated our GoToWebinar payment method to Divvy.

Incoming email from a user about several broken links in the Winter 2016 IP Networking Course. Emailed him the updated links and conferred with Rhodes and Scanlan. Since the user completed and achieve certification in that course, I enrolled him in the Summer 2018 IP Networking Course, so he would have access to the update info all on one page. Filed Github issue for error message Scanlan and I each received when we tried to update the broken links in the old course.

Sean Patton
Sep 22, 2018

OSSA Alliance call

Export shootout work, hour+ call with Greg reviewing the mobile apps. Also discussed getting the notes in for Storage Calculator. Edit/clarification to criteria discussion thread.

Email support, discussion responses

Deep Learning training class

Ethan Ace
Sep 22, 2018

Some 4mp edits, I will put in the images lightning finished tonight tomorrow, but it’s otherwise there

reshoot of Axis vs Hik PTZ install video 

deep learning call

Brian Rhodes
Sep 22, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Sent newsletter

Graded homework

Put together BOM to order Aiphone, will work to order this with Ethan/Atown next week

Installed the A8105-E that Rob sent me to familiarize myself with the interface (Companion client)

John Scanlan
Sep 22, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

opened up new network cable test / certification report
received tracking information on the rental - it will be here Monday.

reset logemein acount so we dont have course issues / asked Rhodes to check back end for issues

tried updating course page hit errors / Ryan reported the same / asked him to post to github
responded to member with updated report link

re-shot the physical installation comparison videos for axis vs hik PTZs
sent those to Ben with details on edits

updated install shoot out criteria

JH
John Honovich
Sep 23, 2018
IPVM

re-shot the physical installation comparison videos for axis vs hik PTZs
sent those to Ben with details on edits

This is way way way dramatically better - both in terms of explanation and video production quality. Good job!

I've also uploaded it to YouTube so people generally can see:

JH
John Honovich
Sep 23, 2018
IPVM

Also, to add, this is the type of explanation / visuals we should show in the install shootout, make it clear how different features help or hurt installation.

Rob Kilpatrick
Sep 23, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Setup and Reshot the Axis vs Hik installation video.

Unboxed the Axis 3518, firmware updated, mounted, aimed, added to Exacq with the 3517.

Unboxed and addressed the Hanwha covert camera and Hikvision covert fisheye cameras, set aside.

Deep learning call

Discussion Cleanup

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions