Subscriber Discussion

July 19, 2018

Dan Gelinas
Jul 20, 2018
IPVM

* talked with Peggy O'Connor at ASIS. She was happy to speak with me (we've met previously a number of times), but was reticent to talk with us re: ASIS losses. She's afraid we'll just bash them. Discussed our convo with Honovich who gave me some direction. I called her back and left her a VM letting her know we were interested in getting their future looking plans. What are they doing to mitigate the losses and to turn things around?

* Emailed with the counsel for Wave electronics. "No comment on pending litigation." SDSvNortek

* Sent email to Qolsys to ask re: speaking with Earnest Bernard. SDSvNortek

* emailed with counsel for SDS, Larry DeMarcay. He's on vacation till Monday. SDSvNortek

* Did a heavy re-write of SDSvNortek draft. SDSvNortek

* Uploaded support materials for inclusion in SDSvNortek note to ipvm.com

* Did lots of reading/research re: school security grants available from DOJ. SVPP via COPS

* emailed with Geoff Khol at SIA to gather info. SVPP via COPS

* called and emailed with the DOJ to gather info. At my request they're working on several specific questions I had that weren't covered in the FAQ they sent me. They're aware that I'm on deadline for this one. SVPP via COPS

* Uploaded support materials for inclusion in SVPP via COPS note to ipvm.com

* Discussed story priorities with Honovich

* filled out and mailed SEP IRA paperwork

Ryan Ace
Jul 20, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Emails with Dan RE: expense procedures and SEP IRA.

Received Nelly's Security from contractor. Will upload tomorrow.

IP Networking webinar.

Chat with Sean RE: labeling in Calculator floorplans.

Several support emails regarding the Sales Course and whether lectures will be recorded.

Uploaded 21 models from Hillo, a new Uniview OEM.

Sent invoice to Watchtower Canada.

Added 9 requested models Axis, Uniview, and Dahua.

Several phone calls regarding courses, memberships, and payment options.

Sean Patton
Jul 20, 2018

Call with Keven @ Milestone regarding usage of Hik and Dahua NVRs. He will be following up with an official comment by email.

Calculator support, emails, discussion responses, GH updates and created issue for manufacturer camera choice problem, Calculator Guide updated with manufacturer specific links.

Call with Eagle Eye

Added Vintra to Startup Directory, got an email from BlueBox founded in 2017, VSaaS/VMS, need to check them out further and update the Directory https://www.bluebox.video/

Brian Rhodes
Jul 20, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Class 2 with JScan

call W/ Shirl Jones at Blue Access about into with Wavelynx.  He already made call, trying to set something up tomorrow for profile post next week.

Call w/ Lawry tomorrow for Apollo talk

Github request to lightning on backboxes, chat w/ Jscan and ethan about getting it updated

Rob Kilpatrick
Jul 20, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Checked integration with VMS's for Uniview analytics, Initial indoor testing with the 4MP.

Made the comparison images from the 4MP to send to lightning

Unboxed, addressed, updated the Hikvision 9632 NVR

Discussion cleanup

Ethan Ace
Jul 20, 2018

writing uniview 4mp test, plan to be done tomorrow.

stubbed out cable whips with scanlan

some edits to avigilon report for 3mp findings. want to drop an example in there tomorrow and then should be done.

i may need to take a half day tomorrow, or at least leave a little early. i have to be in the city for something fairly early.

also, ordered a new NAS today because ours is dying. it became unresponsive today, couldn't access it via the cloud, only windows shares, and front panel didn't work. changing it now so we don't end up with a dead NAS and no way to access the drives one day soon.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions