Subscriber Discussion

ADT / Apollo Senior Executives Increase Stock Holding

LJ
Lee Jones
Jul 13, 2018
Support Services Group

Did you see ADT stock price jump this week when about 20 senior executives announced an increase in their stock ownership? It looked like lots of senior insiders were adding to their portfolio due to expectation of something BIG. DON’T BELIEVE IT. Most “observers” are not professional stock analysts (nor am I) and could mis-interpret the actions, motivating them to buy/sell at the wrong time. Most of the executives were issued a very small amount of stock, generally less than 100 shares valued less than $1000. The explanation was due to an error in earlier issue of bonus shares. The timing seems odd. The “lock-up” period (technical term related to new IPO) ends July 18, allowing insiders to buy/sell at will.

Question…. Was the timing due to sloppy management (or subtle master plan)?

JH
John Honovich
Jul 13, 2018
IPVM

Lee, do you have a link? I'd like to read more. I checked their IR page but could not find it. I assume it's somewhere else. If you could share, I would appreciate it.

LJ
Lee Jones
Jul 13, 2018
Support Services Group

John, the data is located on a number of sites. I got it first from SeekingAlpha, link below.

https://seekingalpha.com/symbol/ADT/sec-filings

The docs were filed July 12; SEC form 4—Statement of Changes in Beneficial Ownership

It is also located on the ADT site, Investor Relations/SEC filings.

JH
John Honovich
Jul 13, 2018
IPVM

Ok, I see it now.

For others, here is an example of one with screenshot below:

I don't follow ADT closely but this seems, even from your description a fairly standard award for executives. I am not sure why one would mistake this for execs buying stock.

I am still certainly skeptical of ADT's future but I am not sure what is so significant with this. Thoughts?

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 13, 2018

just saw on LinkedIn that "ADT, a Johnson Controls brand....."

I was under the impression ADT was not part of the Tyco/JCI merger.  Any insight on that?

JH
John Honovich
Jul 13, 2018
IPVM

#1, you are right and that's weird, e.g.:

I am guessing it has to do with some connection prior to the split / sell off, etc. but it's confusing at best.

The ADT Corporation is definitely not owned by Johnson Controls.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Jul 13, 2018

I wonder if its not just EU?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions