May 10, 2018

Ethan Ace
May 11, 2018

edits to Axis, publish

Looked into 24 hr average bitrates on axis camera here, adjusted settings, set up second for testing  

Start up Dahua and Hanwha analytics testing with rob 

updated nx witness for Hanwha and other analytic integration

ordered Hanwha dual imager pnm-7000 and lenses

Discussion responses and member questions 

Email to ramy about Hanwha analytics, will email tim shen tomorrow after looking at things with rob briefly

Sean Patton
May 11, 2018

Finalized March, published

Call with Stealth

Uploaded new videos to Clearance, recorded video demonstrations, updated post, need to review in the morning

email support with Ryan

emailed Cisco followup

Getting Started Webinar Discussion

Received OpenEye NVR and Camera, scheduled "training" for next week

Brian Rhodes
May 11, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Did classes

Updated camera class for week 2/ recording /homework

Reviewed homework assignments so far

Emails to Dean Burghardt & call to Eric Legasse to answer questions about classes for their group

Emailed 2Gig re: gunlock

Email Zenitel re: software licenses, got a response, scheduled call & talking to Rothrock tomorrow

sending newsletters tomorrow

Ryan Ace
May 11, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

I responded to 2 emails from people inquiring about the PDF download and annual industry guide features of group membership.

Added 9 March Networks models. Added 1 Dahua requested by a user. We hit the 7000 mark today.

Camera webinar and IP Networking webinars with JS and Brian.

Calculator support question with Sean. Replied to Giuseppe at Borsecurity, who had questions about adding custom cameras, as well as enlarging camera icons and adjusting the zoom of the Google Earth map.

Billed and upgraded Met-Scan's account with Kim Derry. I sent an invoice per their request at least a month ago, but they hadn't paid yet. This is now resolved.

Emails with JoEllen at PASS Security regarding PASS employees that are part of the NSI group plan. I think there might be some confusion here about our connection with NSI, as she has asked me about the benefits of membership in NSI. I have asked JoEllen her to clarify if she needs info about IPVM or NSI. I'm awaiting a reply.

Emails with Alfonso Fernandez of Fort Pierce PD, inquiring about costs and details of membership and courses. He has $500 limit before he has to solicit bids, so he asked me to send a separate invoice for early bird prices on the 2 courses he inquired about. I clarified that the course fees do not include membership. Since the 2 invoices are each under the $500 limit, I'd think he would be good to go. Awaiting reply.

John Scanlan
May 11, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

updated slide deck for class 6 networking

assisted on class 2 of camera class / demonstrated shutter speed & effects

lectured class 6 for networking class - early session
posted video to wistia
embedded on course page

posted class 6 homework assignment

posted ipvm webinar to course forum for students that are new members / mentioned it in lecture

lectured class 6 networking - late session / posted to wistia / embedded on course page

updated networking week 3 quiz / posted to the course page / took the quiz

packed up sonicwall for Patton / will drop it at UPS tomorrow

responded to comment on TBK / provided brands and OUIs

reminder: I am off tomorrow / using my birthday PTO day

Rob Kilpatrick
May 11, 2018
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

mounted / updated / defaulted / aimed / weatherproofed all of the cameras we are using for the analytics test, Hanwha got added to NX Witness and since we had trouble with Dahua analytics not consistently working in a VMS before I added them to the Dahua NVR and we are using Smart PSS for alerts. Went over the test with Ethan / did some brief testing to check what default settings were like. I'll call tech support in the morning to get intrusion preferences.

Updated our AP's and cloud key to the latest firmware

Got VPN running at my house

Discussion cleanup

JH
John Honovich
May 11, 2018
IPVM

I'll call tech support in the morning to get intrusion preferences.

I want you to call tech support earlier in the process, each time. (1) We need it for the report and (2) they might provide some useful information (either helpful which saves us time or stupid, which is worth knowing and sharing in the report).

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions