Subscriber Discussion

Gym Cabinets Management - Need Solution To Allow Clients Access With Wristbands.

Edison Shema
Mar 16, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Hello,

Dear IPVM members, gently, I ask your help!

Actually, we've a customer  (Gym) that, we've installed Audio, IP Cameras, TV and  a Perco Turnstile, with build-in EAC 125kHz for "in" and "out".

They, have Guard-robe Cabinets for the client and there are about 20pcs of them. Now they want to have installed from our side EAC cabinet locks so the clients do not need to carry a mechanical key, but only a wrist band for entering in the gym through Turnstile and to open and store the cloths. 

Can you advise me any Brand that offer this solution?

My concern is, that if  different clients that have access at the same cabinet for different time shift, comes at the same shift, how will manage to use the same cabinet?

I think that a good system might be if the EAC cabinet locks are always on-line  as  Salto (for example), and at the moment they enter the gym, the reception can give them access at another free cabinet!

Or, another solution (in my imagination), any customer can use any cabinet, but at the moment that the costumer close the cabinet and "present" the wrist band to the Cabinet Lock, it will not accept another Wrist Band till the same wrist band will open it.

I want to apologize with you if my English is not so good!

Your help and advise is highly appreciated!

Best Regards

Edison

VC
Vlad Craciunescu
Mar 16, 2018

You mentioned Salto. I know they have cabinet solution, though i think they wont work with EM cards but Mifare or others. That would be the best solution

Some access control solutions allow you to have a Keypad reader and you can trigger a relay based on the PIN you enter. You might be able to put some locks on the cabinets ( i remember i saw something in CDVI lineup for them ) and use one reader to control which one the client opens... but it depends on the access system how you can do that.

Also , i never worked with them but this one from ASSA does exactly what you say: it allows any client to lock any cabinet and unlock it back ( empty it ) Vingcard Locker Lock

(1)
(2)
Brian Rhodes
Mar 16, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Hello Edison!

There are a number of options that fit this application, for example Vingcard (Assa) 'Loxery Locker Lock' (Dealer only, but street price ~$200 each)

One of the problems you face will be finding product that works with your 125 kHz format credentials.  Many locker systems use their own specific wrist bands, and it might be easier to adapt the turnstile to use those bands rather than vice-versa.

Also, the 125 kHz credentials are not very secure. You're going to find general 125 kHz-based locker system options limited because those cards are not secure at all!

Is there an option to switch cards at this point?

(1)
(1)
Edison Shema
Mar 16, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Dear Brian,

thank you so much!

The problem is that a Local Software Company has worked to adopt the Management Fitness Software to read the Turnstile EAC....and now proposing to them to change the EAC....it will be a  problem...!!!

I don't know!

Brian Rhodes
Mar 16, 2018
IPVMU Certified

Rutherford Controls sold a battery powered 125 kHz lock that could be installed into lockers for ~$350, but I'm not sure the management part of reserving users/clearing them out will be easy to manage.

(1)
(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Mar 16, 2018

I have not used/installed it but I have seen Gantner's solution and worked with their API a bit.

(1)
(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions