Subscriber Discussion

Interface Of Access Control To Radio System

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 21, 2018

Is anyone aware of an interface between access control and a radio system so that when there is an alarm, using forced door or door held as an example, it can send a canned message over a radio system?

Michael Silva
Feb 21, 2018
Silva Consultants

Zetron is one of the leading manufacturers of two-way radio interfaces that can be used in conjunction with access control and security systems.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 21, 2018

Thanks Michael, but this system currently uses Zetron and it seems to not be effective and there seem to be other problems with a "lag"

Michael Silva
Feb 21, 2018
Silva Consultants

Don't know what to tell you - I have used Zetron many times in the past and it worked flawlessly. I have used another company called Lookout Portable Security that makes a somewhat similar product. Lookout Systems are used by lots of police departments as stakeout alarms but I think that they could easily be used in your application.

(1)
DW
Dennis Widdows
Feb 22, 2018

The ZETRON interfaces are not the vehicle for the RF...they are interfaced into a radio system...Any LAG ?? would be the function of the system in place...I have used a lot of Zetron equipment for MANY years and it is bullet proof...Ritron sells stuff that has the RF equipment and alarm contacts together...I have used that for stand alone Door alarms etc and it has worked well...

Perhaps a RF survey is in order...

Good luck

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 21, 2018

Thanks, I will look into it.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions