Subscriber Discussion

Looking For Information On Rhodium

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 12, 2018

Hi guys,

Has someone ever hear of the brand Rhodium?

Thanks, appreciate it !

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Feb 12, 2018

Dahua rebrand

JH
John Honovich
Feb 12, 2018
IPVM

#1, their physical and email address indicates they are part of QSnet Visual Technologies, which describes themselves as:

established in 2003 as the official distributor of Vicon Inc. Today, the scope of activity has expanded greatly and QSnet market and develop several companies and offer industry-leading products, a complete IP-based security solution and excellent technical support.

QSnet has two markets leading brands: Rhodium system by the American company sesesys and QSnet home brand Qvision, which offer a wide variety of solutions. [emphasis added]

I do not know who 'sesesys' is and did not find any relevant results via Google.

How did you hear about them? Anything particularly interesting they are claiming?

U
Undisclosed #1
Feb 12, 2018

Thanks John,

Qsnet is a re-seller of CCTV equipment in Israel. they were once the local rep. of Vicon. Today they claim to be marketing a leading american brand called Rhodium. they have a nice site, logo, catalog etc. 

Rhodium is supposed to be a subsidiary of a company called SDA based in Brooklyn NY. I noticed that their site builder is an Israeli company...which is strange...

So Dahua rebrand? 

JH
John Honovich
Feb 12, 2018
IPVM

The 'brand' might be American but we know who manufacturers in the US and Rhodium does not.

As #2 says they look like Dahua products but I am not an expert in discerning OEMs. I've asked Ethan to post here with a second opinion.

Ethan Ace
Feb 12, 2018

For sure, the cameras mainly look to be Dahua OEM.

Rhodium:

Dahua:

The NVRs look similar as well, based on front and back plates, specs, even the design of spec sheets.

Another tell would be what client or mobile software they used, but I don't see them list any. 

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions