Maybe I am missing something obvious so forgive me if I am, but since the most recent comments are not always placed at the bottom of a thread, I sometimes find it difficult to find the most recent comments on a really long comment thread.

I do like how replies to a comment are placed directly under the original commenting person, but this becomes cumbersome to find on very long discussion threads. For example, if there are a 100 comments and someone comments something and you scroll to the bottom and you find that the last comment was 6 months ago, you then have to scroll up and see when the last comment was actually made which is a doozy on a long 100 comment thread.

I do know you can click on the "Latest" on the right column in the discussion grid, but the only issue with this is lets say a guy replies to a comment, and another guy replies to a totally different comment just 10 minutes later. The "Latest" link works fine for the second guy, but the first guys comment may get lost in the shuffle.

I propose:
- go to a traditional chronological discussion style

or

- color code the latest comments that were commented on say within 24 hours or something like that.

or

- once thread gets over 20 comments, have a "latest comment" link at the top with 3 or 4 of the latest comments