November 6 2017

Ethan Ace
Nov 07, 2017

-

Rob Kilpatrick
Nov 07, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Defaulted / documented all cameras on the NVR. Tested throughput and ran into a couple issues with iVMS4200 (Cameras displaying in web interface of NVR but not iVMS and trying to drag everything to another monitor would just freeze video on that monitor or just rubberband it back to the main display). Tested with iVMS displaying on different computers and with different settings.

JH
John Honovich
Nov 07, 2017
IPVM

Keep in mind if any of those issues are issues of the product and not simple misunderstanding from us, they should be reported on. For all manufacturers. That's the value we provide - to provide such insights / issues.

Brian Rhodes
Nov 07, 2017
IPVMU Certified

wrote august post: https://ipvm.com/reports/august-smartlock-test

sent class timechange newsletter

did cable pull tool discussion

Ethan Ace
Nov 07, 2017

today was ridiculous, things kept going wrong

- windows updates slowed down trying to install xprotect essential

- then got it installed and it wouldn't log me in. most bizarre thing ever. it always has defaulted to windows credentials and simply wouldn't work. i installed it on another machine tonight and it worked fine.

- that process is a mess for what is intended to be free/simple, which i'll document on github

- hik load testing did not go as smoothly as expected due to multiple errors, cameras not live streaming, but recording, weird client issues i've never seen before, etc. git'd that already but have screenshots, as well.

- prelim look at the dahua IR multi-imager, solid build, easy to position, stream working fine in exacq, and that was all i did with it

- hik upnp writeup, have to grab a screenshot for that when i get in then i'm done 

tomorrow get actual xprotect and load testing done

btw bought patch cords on amazon and an older model grey market camera on ebay, just thinking that newer models are more likely to ship with new firmware from the factory. just $90 anyway for a 2042. 

i also need to get a couple office supplies, will send that over tomorrow

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions