Axis M3106-LVE Mk 4MP Camera Tested

John Scanlan
Nov 01, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified
Intro [insert free image]   Summary dim IR at distance and at edges   Pricing   Physical Overview [[  insert physical overview here  ]] Indoor Full Light Testing The came...

Read the full report here
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Nov 06, 2017

How long until the first "why didn't you test against X product" comment?

(2)
Ethan Ace
Nov 06, 2017

Not counting yours? :)

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Nov 07, 2017
IPVM

How long until the first 'why are you biased against Hikvision' comment?

In all seriousness, the Hikvision loyalists get so angry about Hikvision criticism but are silent when posts like this are published.

(6)
(1)
(1)
Kyle Folger
Nov 07, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I would just say most of the time I like the look of Axis cameras. In this case, I'm not sure why less expensive needs to equal ugly. It is comparable to the form factor of the Hikvision that it was tested against. If the Axis could look like the Hikvision but still not have the cable whip, I would like it more. It could be worse though. They do seem to offer a lot of accessories for this camera. 

Do you know if AXIS T94B01P takes the place of the included base or it goes on the bottom of the included base. If it's the latter, it seems it would be getting pretty tall.

(1)
Ethan Ace
Nov 07, 2017

Before I actually had hands on this camera, I thought the form factor was ugly, as well. But I don't mind it. It's a cleaner look than some of the other turrets, more "minimalist" maybe? It's grown on me.

The T94B01P definitely mounts on the bottom of the M31 base, so yes, it does add some height.

(1)
Kyle Folger
Nov 07, 2017
IPVMU Certified

We have typically used a turret where a bullet isn't desired, mounting height is low, or where a bubble dome with a wall bracket isn't desired. You can get away with wall mounting these when compared to wall mounting a bubble dome. The only time we have really wall mounted a dome is indoors.

I would agree that it's cleaner. A Hikvision turret on a Hikvision CBM is not the cleanest look. Dahua does a much better job with their turret and their newer style of junction boxes. 

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Nov 08, 2017

It's definitely not bad as far as aesthetics go, I think I prefer the appearance over Hik's turrets. However the lack of performance is disappointing, especially at the price point.

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #3
Nov 09, 2017

Does the turret model M2026-LE MkII use exactly the same internals as this M3106-LVE MkII?  Trying to determine if they would have the same performance. 

Ethan Ace
Nov 09, 2017

I can't say with 100% certainty, but most of the imaging specs, IR range, and codec settings are the same between the two models. The M2026 is IK08 vs. IK10 in the M3106, though.

(1)
JH
John Honovich
Nov 16, 2017
IPVM

Update: Since our test, Axis says (1) they have improved WDR performance in firmware release 7.30.2 that is available now and (2) they are fixing a bug impacting bitrate in the upcoming 7.40 firmware release scheduled for later this month. We will update the report with a short test of the 7.40 firmware for both when released.

(1)
U
Undisclosed #4
Nov 16, 2017
IPVMU Certified

I’m really hoping that the term “klux” is an IPVM invention, and not a typo.

Because I’ve already said it to two people. They seemed impressed :)

(2)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions