Subscriber Discussion

Thursday September 28 2017

Brian Karas
Sep 29, 2017
IPVM

Met with Janet.  Sounds like some additional lower-level changes may be upcoming at Dahua. Seems like they are trying to get better organized, still a lot of things going on.

She also told me about ASIS setup issues, confirmed with a couple of other manufacturers, emailed ASIS for comment.

I heard that SIA is trying to recruit more younger people into security.  Planning to start doing college recruiting events, giving free memberships to interested college students, etc.  Could be an interesting post discussing the lack of draw to the industry, etc.

Called/emailed/txtd a few exhibitors about Day 3 traffic. Results were better than I expected, nobody said it was great, but neither did they say it was dead/waste of time.  Will be interesting to see what survey says as well.

Emailed CSO author about errors in hacked cameras report, no response...

JH
John Honovich
Sep 29, 2017
IPVM

giving free memberships to interested college students, etc. 

SIA memberships? Why would they want it / benefit?

Rob Kilpatrick
Sep 29, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

Grabbed clips for Hik vs geovision bandwidth

Took pictures of Dahua and Bosch NVR UI for ethan.

Looked into support issue for Scanlan (Couldn't export a full shot of a building with cameras on just one side of it.)

Looked into more Hik-connect issues, I couldn't live view the 2035 anymore and playback would randomly work. Got screenshots of this not working.

Added more software we needed to new test laptop drive.

John Scanlan
Sep 29, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

edited PoE in slide deck for class
lectured class 4 for networking
posted lecture video / embedded to class page
posted Week 3 reading assignments to course page
posted and took week 2 quiz to course page

caught up with Ethan re: geovision

tested IPVM-Scanner

packed up shipped out Sony gear and lens rental lens

member/calc/class support

JH
John Honovich
Sep 29, 2017
IPVM

Rob, JS, Ethan, what upcoming post work is being done? The update makes it seem like little to none.

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions