Subscriber Discussion

8 CH DVR To Be Displayed On A TV

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 10, 2017

My client would like to view his 8 Cameras on a TV by changing channel # 1 to 8 on a TV.

What's the best shot ? Modulators ?

Brian Karas
Sep 10, 2017
IPVM

Is the TV going to be used for regular TV/Cable, or just as a camera monitor?

Do you have 8 outputs that you can feed to 8 monitors?

I would probably just find a DVR/NVR with an IR remote, plug that into an HDMI input, and let him "change channels" that way. Would likely be easier overall, cheaper,  (and better picture) than modulators.

UI
Sep 10, 2017

Hi Brian.

It's a 30 flats Apartments and the landlord would like to give the access to each of his tenants. 

Each tenant has a RF cable pulled from the server room.

The landlord has agreed to keep the screen split to view 8 or View 9 so that we only need 1 input.

Thanks. 

Brian Karas
Sep 11, 2017
IPVM

Does it need to integrate with some existing cable tv system/service, or will the camera feed be the only channel on the coax?

UI
Sep 11, 2017

It has its own Rg6 cable.

Brian Karas
Sep 11, 2017
IPVM

Then yes, modulators would work. Easiest would be old-style analog modulators, but image quality will be reduced. You could step up to a clear QAM HD modulator, though prices would be much higher (~$2,000 USD last time I checked).

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Sep 11, 2017

I believe the question is "will this be a channel on an existing distributed system or a separate input on each television. 

With modern digital CATV systems modulation isn't as easy as it was to share the coax feed.

if you are going to use the television input rarely used in modern viewing because of satellite, network and cable occupying the HDMI inputs, then modulating would work but the image won't be HD. 

(1)
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions