Subscriber Discussion

A Bit OT: Looking For A System To Run A High End Conference Room Setup

UI
Undisclosed Integrator #1
Sep 08, 2017

I know this is a bit off topic, but hopefully some members here have experience with this.

I have a customer that is looking for high end conference room system.
They have multiple conference rooms and would like a system that can do at least the following:
1) Can have a video (multiple types of input) or audio input from any of the rooms to be selected on the fly to go to any of the other rooms.
2) Tie in to the lighting system to be able to turn off the lights
3) One room will be able to be devided into smaller rooms. So they want one screen in each of the smaller rooms, but based on presets, it will say wether any of the rooms will be working together in sync.
4) Be able to automatically record the presentatioins, be it from the mic, or from the video output from the laptop
5) A camera in each conference room, that can be used to output video to a different room so they can see the presenter in the other room.
6)Tie into a smartscreen/smart white board system

The main goal is that it should be as easy to use as possible with as many presets as possible.

Any suggestions for a system that can run this?

Thank you
Brian Karas
Sep 08, 2017
IPVM

Crestron is one of the big names in the A/V and conference room automation space.

Not sure what is involved in getting setup with them.  I know a few guys who do that kind of work, I would strongly consider outsourcing/subing that part if you are not real well versed in it.  Mistakes can get expensive quickly when dealing with A/V. If you only do this one job, I am not sure it would make sense to go through all the training and learning curves. If you plan to do more, finding a good sub might also get you some bootcamp-style training.

(1)
Joseph Hirasawa
Sep 08, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Sort of a repeat of Brian's response. I can only add:

Look at Control4 & AMX. (I did allot of these automation systems back in the day so I can only speak to these systems.) They will work & have nice GUIs plus are cheaper than Crestron & easier (Control4) to program. (Though is Crestron is truly a beautiful monster with complex controls that might fit better.)

I agree with Brian. I would reach out to those manufacturers and/or an established sub integrator you can partner with for the opportunity. Good luck. (Sorry....not much help but maybe optional directions.) 

JH
Jay Hobdy
Sep 09, 2017
IPVMU Certified

From what I hear, Crestron is dealer only with a  minimum investment. The other issue is you can not take over a crestron system unless you reprogram the entire system. 

I would sub this out in a heartbeat 

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions