Subscriber Discussion

IPVM App?

Troy Dickinson
Nov 02, 2017
IPVMU Certified

In an IPVM training course I asked if IPVM was going to offer an app for iOS and Android. If memory serves, the response I received was “shooting for early 2017”. Any new news on this? I realize that some of the awesome tools IPVM has on the website would be difficult or cumbersome for a smartphone or tablet. However, the ease of reading articles, posting comments/questions, taking surveys, etc. quickly on an app would be ideal.

(2)
JH
John Honovich
Nov 02, 2017
IPVM

Hi Troy,

Yes, we were but we did the new Calculator desktop first, see New IPVM Calculator V3 Released. Two benefits of that were getting the new foundation that could be more directly migrated to an app and also it made the calculator immediately better on tablets.

It is still a priority to do the full mobile Calculator in the next few months.

As for an app for the site itself (i.e., articles, discussions, etc.) I am not sure about that. Not opposed to it, just have not really given it enough thought for you.

Any feedback welcome, thanks.

John

U
Undisclosed #1
Nov 02, 2017

Some quick thoughts:

• When posting a reply on mobile, I need to put the phone in landscape mode to see the styling button row, and it's a bit cumbersome to use
  • I'm sure I saw an "Edit" button somewhere using mobile I think, but don't see it via desktop browser... not sure what's up with that (I just edit the URL to access it instead...)
  • Long threads tend to squeeze into very narrow columns of text when reading via mobile
(1)
UI
Undisclosed Integrator #2
Nov 05, 2017

Wow, I didn’t know the styling buttons were available in the phone interface unless rotated. All this time I thought it just was not possible.  Mind blown!  Thank you

John Scanlan
Nov 02, 2017
IPVM • IPVMU Certified

If you are looking for quick access to the site in app-like form you can add the page to your home screen within safari on iPhone / iPad:

I hope this helps.

(2)
Troy Dickinson
Nov 03, 2017
IPVMU Certified
Thank you. Setting to the home page works great!
New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions