Thursday Feb 9, 2017

JH
John Honovich
Feb 10, 2017
IPVM

What got done today and what new is available to publish tomorrow.

I have a lot of stuff from the conference, including some very interesting commentary from ADT's CEO but holding that for next week.

Brian Rhodes
Feb 10, 2017
IPVMU Certified

Altronix Trove can go tomorrow https://ipvm.com/reports/altonix-trove-access-cans

Did classes

Posted camera quiz/updated page/newsletter

Posted assignments for both classes

Ethan Ace
Feb 10, 2017

Started work on Arecont Duo dome today. We are going to need a sunny day to shoot and finish it up but from what we've already seen, it's bad. 

Its like the Omni: novel, can see where it would be a fit, but it just performs so badly. Poor low light, discolored full light, unresponsive web interface, bad WDR, high bandwidth. In other words, the usual Arecont problems. 

In Scanlan's words: "Why wouldn't I just buy two $100 Hikvision domes?" Which is of course a perfect summation of the race to the bottom.

Also some back and forth with SpotterRF trying to get them here. Was aiming for next week but they had things come up. 

Also updated Exacq licenses so we are good for another year and looked at Mission Control documentation briefly. 

Back in the office tomorrow. 

Brian Karas
Feb 10, 2017
IPVM

Let me ask Schaefer about this before we publish. I don't expect him to have much to offer, but I want to give him an opportunity to "investigate", but not to the point it holds up release.

I have to reply to an email from him about SIA/buy America stuff from yesterday, so I let him know your initial results are poor and see what he has to offer. This ties into the SIA stuff actually (I was told by the FTA that Arecont cameras were Buy America compliant, but that they didn't meet customer requirements).

Ari Erenthal
Feb 10, 2017

Did classes. 

Answered questions in regards. 

Started notes for Kirschenbaum webinar. 

JH
John Honovich
Feb 10, 2017
IPVM

Started notes for Kirschenbaum webinar.

Need more detail. How many notes? What types notes?

You need a powerpoint presentation, yes/no?

Where is your article status?

New discussion

Ask questions and get answers to your physical security questions from IPVM team members and fellow subscribers.

Newest discussions