What VMS systems do integrators really like the best? Over the last month, we ran an in depth survey gathering results from over 80 integrators across 19 countries to understand what technologies, approaches and products they preferred. As part of the survey, integrators explained why they preferred what they did. In this report, we share our findings for VMS systems.
We asked integrators the following question:
We left it open ended so that integrators could propose whatever they liked and not be constrained to a predefined or preferred list. We also gave them space to explain their choices.
Of the 80+ total responses, integrators recommended 22 unique VMS manufacturers and provided more than a dozen pages of written explanation behind their choices.
Because VMS systems are used in different ways and marketed in different regions, we analyzed the data into 5 distinct views:
- Overall: This view tracks all recommendations from all countries and integrator types.
- US Only: This view limits recommendations to the 65% of respondents from the US to ascertain if US VMS choices different from international ones.
- Small Camera Count: This view limits recommendations to integrators that typically deploy 16 cameras or less to see how this impacts VMS preferences.
- Mid Scale Camera Count: This view limits recommendations to integrators that typically deploy 17 - 32 cameras or less how that impacts VMS preferences.
- Large Scale Camera Count: This view limits recommendations to integrators that typically deploy 33 or more cameras and how that impacts VMS preferences.
Use of the Favorites
As with all IPVM research, manufacturers are strictly forbidden from using the results to market or promote their products. This information is offered only to help the community understand what integrators prefer, not to assist in the selling of VMS products.