For some access openings, running wires can add thousands in cost, and wireless alternatives that avoid it becomes appealing.
But using wireless and WiFi locks can have drawbacks over hardwired alternatives.
In this guide, we examine key aspects of both types, including:
- The differences between Wireless and WiFi access
- WiFi Drawback: Power Hungry
- Wireless Drawback: Lockdown Feature Often Difficult
- Repinning locks is often still needed
- Battery costs can be hundreds per year
- Replacement Costs