This 30-page guide provides an in-depth explanation of managing VMS and VSaaS systems.
This is part 3 of our upcoming VMS / VSaaS Course, starting in the fall.
VMS / VSaaS Management Overview
The function of a VMS / VSaaS is to manage the following fundamental aspects:
- Who can view live and/or recorded video?
- What cameras are connected to the system?
- What servers are used to host cameras and record video?
- Where is the video recorded?
- What task(s) can users perform?
- What events or actions need to alert users?
- What applications are used to notify users of alerts?
Each one of those functions has multiple variables or options based on the VMS / VSaaS, we explain the most common features inside.