Video Analytics in Europe SurveyedBy: John Honovich, Published on Nov 18, 2009
Frost & Sullivan has released a presentation and projections for video analytics in the EMEA region. Through the presentation used the provocative title, "An Indispensable Tool or Inflated Promise?" the contents were fairly standard and optimistic. Review the 14 page deck from the EMEA video analytics presentation [link no longer available].
I am skeptical about a lot of the claims. I am sharing this with noted reservations because many people are interested in any numbers and sizing.
Here are key points from the presentation:
- 28% CAGR 2007 - 2015 for EMEA video analytics
- By 2015, annual revenue of $250 M USD for EMEA video analytics (though they do not specify how they categorize revenue)
- Even in 2015, they project server based analytics to be 71% of total revenue
- Transport projected as biggest and fastest market for video analytics
- PTZ tracking and facial recognition categorized as still in the early stages of development
- 4 companies placed in the Tier 1 of video analytic vendors: ObjectVideo, Aimetis, Agent Vi, ioimage (footnote states this is based on revenue)