In 2019, Verkada released people and face analytics but our testing then showed significant problems. A year later, how much better are they?
Verkada's second-generation cameras tout "8x more powerful with an upgraded processor", we bought 2 of them and tested them examining:
- How well does it detect and identify people?
- How well does facial recognition work with hats/masks/glasses?
- What issues does it have with environmental changes (rain, light)?
- How well does it identify male and female appearance?
- What distance/PPF level is required for detection?
- How well does it identify crowds?
- How does it compare to Avigilon, Axis, Dahua, Hikvision, etc.?
See the companion report for our test results on Verkada's 2020 camera's image quality.