Vehicle & Long Range Access Reader Tutorial
The physical proximity of the user credential to the reader is one of the most significant challenges for access control. With modern access systems, the basic methods of increasing the read distance mean using special readers, credentials, or a combination of the two.
In this report, IPVM examines:
- Are Boosted Cards or Long Range Readers Better?
- How Specific Project Requirements Impact Choices
- Why Credentials Often Limit Range
- How Long-Range Readers and Tags Are Mounted
- Overview of Long-Range UHF/Microwave Formats
- Mobile Access using BLE, NFC, or WiFi is Useful Too
- Uncommon, But Effective Cellphone Dialers
- A Comparison Table Contrasting Options