Cable Testing Guide (Certifiers, Qualifiers, Verifiers, Wiremappers)
Proper cable installation is critical to trouble-free surveillance systems, but testing is often an afterthought. Typically, problems are only discovered when cameras have issues, resulting in increased troubleshooting or, even worse, reinstallation.
Simple, inexpensive testers are available, which can easily prevent these issues without adding substantial install time.
In this guide, we examine:
- The four main test tool types: Certifiers, Qualifiers, Verifiers, and Wiremap testers
- Choosing between the four types of test tools
- Key cable testing parameters: Crosstalk, propagation delay, skew, loss, and more
- Channel vs. Permanent Link vs. MPTL testing
- Additional features including Cable Identification and Service Detection
- Reading test reports