Uniview claims their NDAA-compliant ColorHunter cameras "guarantee video with colorful details when you need them", with white light illumination, super low light performance, and AI analytics.
We bought and tested two 5MP ColorHunter cameras (IPC2225SE-DF40K-WL-I0 and IPC3615SE-ADF28KM-WL-I0), examining:
- How do they perform in full light (~400lx), low light(~2lx), dark (~0.02lx), and WDR scenes?
- How do they compare to Hikvision and Dahua white light cameras?
- How does U-Code smart codec H.265 bandwidth compare day and night?
- How well does it integrate to VMSes?
- Were there false alarms on lighting/shadows?
- How do prices compare to other competitive white light cameras?
Note: the cameras are NDAA compliant though made in the PRC China.
These cameras are also included in our Color Low Light Shootout 2021 and White Light Camera Shootout.