Ubiquiti has now been in the video surveillance market for 7 years (see our first coverage back in 2011). In that time, the company's revenue has tripled from ~$350 million to more than $1 billion for the past year.
Ubiquiti's growth has mainly been driven by their success in the overall networking market. In video surveillance, Ubiquiti remains a niche player.
Now, Ubiquiti has released their 'Protect' platform. How will that change their positioning within the video surveillance market?
We spoke to Ubiquiti to better understand Protect and their overall go-to-market including:
- How is Protect different than UniFi Video?
- What camera features do they offer?
- How are 3rd party devices supported?
- Who will buy Protect?
- How does Protect compare to the competition?
- How is Protect sold?
- How does Ubiquiti support pre and post-sales?
- What are Ubiquiti's plans for expansion?