Ubiquiti is expanding its camera line with its G4 series but how do they compare to surveillance incumbents like Axis and Hikvision?
To find out, we bought and tested the Ubiquiti G4 Pro (4K IR, varifocal lens), G4 Bullet (4MP IR, fixed lens), and G4 Bullet IR Extender, examining:
- How do they perform in full light (~300 lux), low light(~1 lux), dark (<0.01 lux), and WDR scenes?
- Are noise and/or blur issues in low light scenes?
- How even is IR illumination and does it overexpose objects?
- How does the IR range compare to other models tested?
- Does it integrate to third-party VMSes?
- How does bandwidth compare day and night?
- How does pricing compare to other models?