Ubiquiti's $29 UniFi Protect G3 Instant is NDAA compliant and one of the lowest cost cameras in the industry, but how does it really perform?
We bought and tested the Ubiquiti G3 Instant (1080p, IR, indoor only) against low-cost models from Axis (M3065-V) and Hikvision (DS-2CD2325FHWD-I), as well as $30 rival Wyze Cam V3, examining:
- How do they perform in full light (~300lx), low light(~1lx), dark (<0.01lx), and WDR scenes?
- How does it compare to Axis and Hikvision low-cost cameras and Wyze Cam V3?
- How even is IR illumination and does it overexpose objects?
- Does it integrate to third-party VMS?
- How does pricing compare to competitors?
- How does the G3 Instant compare to Dahua and Hikvision?