Facial recognition is frequently sold for thousands of dollars per channel but some China manufacturers are offering full facial recognition systems for under a thousand dollars.
But how well do such low-cost facial recognition systems work?
We bought TVT OEM InVid's facial recognition system to see where it worked and where it did not, including:
- Does it miss people walking through the scene?
- Does it misidentify people?
- Does confidence drop in different scenarios?
- Does it recognize inanimate objects as faces?
- What PPF is required for proper recognition?
For our full report on the face rec camera used in this test: TVT / InVid White Light Camera Tested Vs Hikvision ColorVu