NUUO aims to beat companies such as Milestone, OnSSI and Exacq with broader functionalities and product lines at lower cost. What ACTi is to Axis, NUUO hopes to be to the IP video software providers.
NUUO is prominent in Asia but not well known in the West. For instance, at Secutech in Taipei, NUUO had a big booth in the front of the show floor that was consistently packed. By contrast, in the US and the UK, NUUO has some presence but is certainly much less well known.
NUUO reports over 13,000 deployments in 60 countries.
On a specification level, what's interesting about NUUO is that they offer a lot:
Certainly there's potential. The question becomes: Is it good enough to compete against the biggest companies?
- The software worked well with a variety of manufacturer's cameras. We tested with the iQeye 752, the Arecont 3105 and the Cisco PVC-300.
- The software has a lot of functionalities to offer - all built in, including people counting, a variety of analytics, PoS searching, web server/clients for live monitoring and investigations.
- Event monitoring was difficult to use.
- The analytics were simplistic.
- Integrators should change system defaults immediately.