IP cameras have claimed to detect tampering for years, but how well do they really work?
To find out, we tested tamper detection on six manufacturers: Avigilon, Axis, Dahua, Hanwha, Hikvision, and Uniview. Inside, we examine:
- The critical false nuisance alert issue all manufacturers suffer from
- How well does tamper detection detects lenses being covered?
- How much of the field of view must be covered to trigger alerts?
- Do cameras alert on sudden field of view changes?
- Does tampering detection shaking, fogging, or liquid droplets?
- Do tampering alerts integrate to common VMSes?