Weeks after exiting the branded video surveillance business, Sony is making a splash announcing "the first image sensors in the world to be equipped with AI processing functionality".
Inside this note, we examine:
- What the Sony AI sensors do and, more importantly, do not
- How the Sony AI sensor compares to Ambarella, Hisilicon, Intel, Qualcomm, etc.
- What Sony AI sensors strongest structural strength is
- What challenges or opportunities the Sony AI sensor has for video surveillance
- How this impacts the competitive contest over where AI is processed