Drones have been a "next big thing" in surveillance for many years, but how well do they actually work?
In IPVM's first drone test, we bought and tested the USA-based Skydio 2 drone to see how it works in practical real-world applications. In this report, we look at:
- How well does the drone handle in flight and landing?
- How does its automatic case landing work?
- How accurately does it track moving vehicles and people?
- Does its AI-based obstacle avoidance avoid collisions with trees, poles, buildings, and overhead cables?
- How does image quality compare to typical surveillance cameras?
- The drone and controller's physical features and issues with both
Note: This is the first in IPVM's testing of drones and related technologies. We plan to expand this segment in the coming months.