First Security Sales Course LaunchedAuthor: John Honovich, Published on Mar 24, 2015
[UPDATE: This course has now concluded and is no longer available.]
This is the first and only security sales course, customized for the needs and challenges specific to professionals selling video surveillance and access control systems.
Lots of general sales training exists, but none of it truly grapples with the nuances and complexities of selling security systems. This IPVM course solves this.
What the IPVM Security Sales Course Covers
In 10 sessions, we improve security sales professionals abilities to:
(1) Prospect Using Online Tools - Security sales professionals often struggle getting leads beyond their referrals and networks. Plus, challenges with CRMs are common. We teach you how to better generate leads and manage them.
(2) Engage Prospects Effectively - To stand out, you need to understand your prospect's business and needs, establishing yourself as an expert. In this session, we show you 5 key ways to accomplish that.
(3) Sell to the Informed Customer - With manufacturer websites and online shopping, buyers now can get immense information and misinformation. We teach you how to deal with that and overcome these problems.
(4) Compete Against Low-Cost Chinese Products - Price and margin declines are a key challenge for the sales professional, as Chinese products continue to gain ground. We teach you how to effectively sell for or against these offerings.
(5) Beat DIY / Owner-Integrators - More end-users are choosing to bypass integrators and traditional manufacturers. We will teach you how to sell value and overcome these challenges.
(6) Win Larger Projects - Projects with hundreds or thousands of cameras / doors have special needs, are more complex and take longer. We teach you the best ways to navigate and win these mega deals.
(7) Sell Through A&Es / Consultants - Though many complain of bad RFPs and uninformed A&Es, they play a critical role in bigger project. We advise you on how to work with and maximize your chances of selling through A&Es / consultants.
(8) Sell Through Partners - Manufacturer, distributors, integrators and sub-contractors often all play roles in the sales process. We teach you how to best work with partners to maximize your sales.
(9) Manage Security Sales Teams - Whether you are the manager or the rep, commissions, quotas and pipelines are critical pieces of the sales process. We help sales teams find better ways to manage this.
(10) Win Profitable Sales - With product margins declining and so many newer entrants (from IT to electrical contractors), in our capstone class, we teach you techniques to maximize your sales profitability.
Who Should and Should NOT Take This Course
This course is designed for security sales managers (reps, RSM, account executives, BD, etc.) and should help anyone who is actively involved in selling commercial / industrial / government security systems.
This course does not cover residential or intrusion, as many of the techniques and challenges in that area are different.
This is not a technology course and this is not meant for engineers / techs. If you are a tech who wants to get into sales, this would be a great course but if you want technology training, consider IPVM's other courses, such as Cameras, IP Networking and Access Control.
The course will be lead by Chris Peterson from Vector Firm with John Honovich from IPVM moderating. Chris is a leading security sales expert, leveraging significant field security sales experience, both as a rep and in management.
Chris will lead each session with John moderating questions and providing feedback on related IPVM research and testing.
The Security Sales course will meet live online, starting May 12th for 10 times over 5 weeks (Tuesday and Thursday for 1 hour from 1pm - 2pm ET.
Additionally, all classes are recorded so you can watch on-demand on-line anytime.
Here is the schedule / calendar:
Throughout the course, attendees will be able to submit answers to assignments with feedback from the instructors and fellow attendees.
The goal of the course is that each attendee will be to identify and use at least 10 techniques taught in this course to improve their 2015 sales performance.
No certification will be offered, because unlike technology courses, the goal is not a piece of paper but improved sales numbers.
Most Recent Industry Reports
The world's leading video surveillance information source, IPVM provides the best reporting, testing and training for 10,000+ members globally. Dedicated to independent and objective information, we uniquely refuse any and all advertisements, sponsorship and consulting from manufacturers.