This IT manager describes himself as the "oft-maligned IT person" whose "opinions may not always be appreciated by the integrator crowd." But he is here to share his perspective.
This undisclosed interviewee is the IT manager at a private US school, managing their surveillance system. What considerations did they have and what challenges did they face securing their campus and keeping their kids safe? In the interview, the manager explains:
- Who runs their security?
- How they work with integrators
- What problems and successes they have had with integrators
- What type of cameras and recorders / VMS they use
- How they evaluated and why they choose or rejected Axis, Dahua, Genetec, Hikvision, and Milestone?
- Converged or dedicated network for surveillance?
- What remote viewing and remote access approach do they use?
- And details of their system including frame rate, redundancy, PTZ usage and more.
Note: this is the second in our new series (see our fist entry Casino Surveillance Pro Interview) and if you are an end user interested in sharing your thoughts, email Dan at firstname.lastname@example.org.