Samsung Corporate ExaminedBy John Honovich, Published on Dec 05, 2010
This update seeks to explain the relationship and future plans of Samsung's activities and organizations in the video surveillance market.
Historically, 2 Samsung product lines existed in the video surveillance market:
- Samsung Techwin - focused on the industrial/professional market
- Samsung Electronics - focused on consumer products but also built security products
In the past year, the security product lines were merged to create one Samsung unified product portfolio and brand.
Until the end of 2010, GVI was the US distributor for Samsung Techwin America. According to Samsung, GVI is an independent company with no business or financial affiliation with Samsung Corporate. GVI had distributed Samsung but also sells non-Samsung products under their own brand such as their Auto-IP VMS software [link no longer available].
In the United States, Samsung Techwin is ramping up a sales and service organization called Samsung Techwin America. The goal of the US organization is to develop strategic integrator partners targeting large projects as well as establishing a dealer channel.
Starting January 1, 2011, distribution and channel relationships for Samsung products will be handled directly [link no longer available] by Samsung.
From an Internet perspective, there are multiple sources of information on Samsung's video surveillance products.
- The official Samsung USA website [link no longer available]
- The corporate Samsung Techwin website for video surveillance products
- GVI's website is called Samsung Security [link no longer available]
Samsung is aiming for extremely aggressive growth as outlined in a recent Info4Security report from the European market.