Wright’s Gourmet House in Tampa, Florida has been around for over 50 years. During most of that time, there were no security measures in place. Now they have cameras and access control in place to help management in their mission: “Make sure people are safe. The food has to be safe, the workplace has to be safe.”
Wright’s President and de facto Security Manager Jeff Mount became an IPVM member in 2013 concurrent with his first visit to ISC West. Mount says he joined IPVM to help him make the decision on what equipment to buy to help protect his employees and customers.
Inside this note we look at the following:
- How his gut kept him clear of now-banned Chinese products, despite a $30-$40,000 savings
- Why he loves his current security manufacturer
- How technology helps him with consistency
- How Axis, Vivotek, and Mobotix led to a "mess"
- How customers today expect to see cameras