Ripping out and replacing access control systems is hard for important reasons.
Switching them can be tricky and prone to mistakes in database conversions, hardware configuration, and credentials support.
However, in this post, we address the important factors driving changes and key issues to handle. These include:
- New Access Tech is Driving Change
- Lacking or Lagging Manufacturer Support
- The Complexity of Migrations and Updates
- Why Changes Are Costly
- Drop-In Hardware Replacement Is Not Typical
- Cutover Planning Is Crucial