200+ integrators told IPVM what impact they found relabelling has on their businesses and their end-user customers.
Integrators most common themes on relabelling:
- Relabelling provides an opportunity to promote their own brand
- Problems with support for relabelled products
- Issues with deceiving end users
- Challenges with race to the bottom and falling prices
- Opportunity to not be price checked on relabelled items
The impact on end-users, from integrator's perspective, showed the following themes:
- Many end-users do not know about relabelling
- Many end-users don't care as long as it works
- Larger end users were more likely to be concerned than smaller ones
- Problems occurred when end-user realized they were buying relabelled goods
Inside this note, we share more than 100 comments and eight key trends emerging from this research.