Recruiters Show 2020 On-Demand RecordingsBy Donald Maye, Published Oct 30, 2020, 09:00am EDT
Recordings from the 12 recruiter presentations are now available below.
The following themes emerged from the show:
- Candidates Contact Recruiters: Candidates seeking help from recruiters should reach out and become a known entity. Opportunities can present themselves quickly – so maintaining a relationship with a recruiter is important. Find relevant touchpoints to interact and update your recruiter on your career goals and progress so they can better assess your ability and fit for a role.
- Virtual Selling: For sales professionals, the ability to sell effectively virtually is now seen as an asset in the recruiting/hiring process. There is a strong likelihood that how you are interviewed (virtually) is also how the firm hiring will expect you to sell. Therefore, your performance virtually is an important part of the evaluation process by recruiters and potential employers.
- Firms that maintained healthy balance sheets, or opted to invest during the downturn, were able to acquire/stash talent, as the pool of qualified candidates increased as demand for them lowered.
- Security industry experience is not always a prerequisite for a role. There are certain roles, particularly in the engineering, AI, and technical fields, where functional experience is weighed more heavily than industry experience alone.
- By pursuing incremental educational opportunities (certifications, degrees, training) candidates from traditional sales, technical or engineering roles can demonstrate a willingness to learn new skills, which is seen as a positive when applying for roles involving new technology.
- The ability to be flexible with roles and opportunities was widely considered an asset by recruiting firms. Similarly, despite a Covid-19 hiring downturn, the ability to project positivity and confidence is seen as an asset in the recruiting process – with both recruiters and employers.
- Counteroffers: The counteroffer is very important right now- there is an increase in passive hiring (people currently employed, but looking). Thereby, companies looking to retain talent are needing to counteroffer more often.
- Unhappy Sales Comp Cuts: Companies that made cuts to sales (commission/salaries/perks), but have stood steady with hitting quota are having to confront an unhappy sales force that delivered- but did not receive their expected compensation.
Free IPVM Memberships For The Unemployed
IPVM will give 3-month free memberships (regular price $99) for the unemployed, no questions asked. To get it, just contact us (or email firstname.lastname@example.org), your request will be confidential. If you do not have an IPVM membership, we will create a new one free for 3 months. If you do have a membership, we will add 3 months free.
Watch The Show On-Demand
Rebecca Bayne - President of Bayne Consulting and Search with over 500 successful placements in her 20 year career. Rebecca is also the President of the Rocky Mountain Association of Recruiters as well as on the Board of directors for almost 4 years.
Alan Chamberlain - Vice President Talent Acquisition Solutions at The Richmond Group USA.
Ryan Carroll - an executive recruiter and graduate of Florida State with a dual bachelors degree in both Risk Management and Insurance & Political Science. Ryan provided her company Recruit group $300,000 in billings in 2018 and $400,000 in 2019.
Aaron Kutz - Practice Leader at Direct Recruiters, Aaron helped build an outside sales, project management and engineering teams for a startup that excelled, which helped them to be acquired by a Fortune 500 company.
Dave Geddes - Sales Director at Zitko Sales With over 11 years experience in the UK security industry, 40% of Zitko’s placements stay with their employers for 6 years or more and George Zitko - Founder & Managing Director of Zitko.
Ryan Gonyo - Head of Sales for Mackenzie Ryan.
Mike Hurst - Along with almost thirty years of security recruitment Mike holds several volunteer leadership roles within the security profession, with ASIS International, The International Foundation for Protection Officers, The British Standards Institute and the UK Security Commonwealth. Also one of the few recruiters to hold the CPP certification.
Chris Staniforth - President of ALC Consulting - Nationwide Executive Search Firm for Physical Security and Cyber Security.
Tom Verzuh - President of SCW Consulting - notably has placed a National sales force of 50 people in less than six months. This was done at about 25% of the typical recruiting firm rate.
Back to Top